It's time to revitalize your dental health
Are you experiencing persistent toothaches, sensitivity to hot or cold foods, or visible holes or pits in your teeth? These could be signs of decay and cavities taking a toll on your oral health.
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we are here to help. With our advanced diagnostic tools and personalized approach, we can determine the extent of the damage and create a tailored treatment plan to restore your dental health.
Take the first step towards a healthier mouth and a happier you. Schedule a consultation today, and together, we'll bring back the radiance of your smile.
What’s the root cause of cavities?
Cavities are caused by a combination of factors that can sneakily lead to tooth decay over time:
- Poor oral hygiene: Bacteria in your mouth feast on leftover food particles, producing acids that erode the enamel and create cavities.
- Sugary and acidic diets: Sugars interact with the bacteria in your mouth, producing harmful acids that attack the enamel and weaken your teeth, eventually causing cavities.
- Dry mouth: When you have a dry mouth, your teeth are more susceptible to cavities as the protective saliva flow is reduced.
- Plaque buildup: If not removed through regular brushing and flossing, plaque can accumulate, creating a breeding ground for cavity-causing bacteria.
- Receding gums: Gum recession exposes the tooth roots, which are softer and more susceptible to decay than the enamel.
Treatments for cavities at Burnaby Dental Centre
With our precise approach, the dental fillings blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, ensuring a beautiful and functional smile.
By applying a thin, protective coating to the chewing surfaces of your molars and premolars, we create a barrier that shields these vulnerable areas from cavity-causing bacteria.
Root Canal Therapy
When cavities have progressed deep into the tooth, root canal therapy becomes necessary to save the affected tooth from extraction. We remove the infected pulp, disinfect the tooth, and seal it to prevent future infections.
Our custom-made dental crowns fit snugly over the affected tooth, providing strength and protection while restoring its appearance. With our high-quality materials, your dental crown will blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
Regular dental check-ups, cleanings, and oral hygiene instructions are vital in maintaining optimal dental health and detecting cavities in their early stages.
Trust Burnaby Dental Centre for exceptional cavity treatments and preventive care. Let us be your partner in achieving a healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
What to expect at your cavities appointment
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we strive to make your cavities appointment as seamless and comfortable as possible. Here's what you can expect during your visit:
- We’ll comprehensively examine your teeth to identify the cavities and assess their severity.
- We’ll create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
- If you require cavity treatments, rest assured that our dental team is well-trained in providing gentle procedures. We utilize the latest dental techniques and technology to ensure your comfort.
- Alongside cavity treatments, we’ll discuss preventive care measures to protect your teeth from future decay.
We’re dedicated to providing top-notch cavity treatments while putting your comfort and well-being first. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and address any concerns you may have about your treatment.
Don’t wait for treatment! Our dentists are on call and can help today.
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we provide emergency appointments for both existing and new patients. We understand that dental emergencies can be overwhelming. That’s why we aim to offer a seamless and comfortable experience to address your urgent dental needs conveniently.
Call us at (1604) 294-3271 to start smiling confidently again!
What are cavities, and how do they form?
Cavities, also known as dental caries, are permanently damaged areas in the hard surface of the teeth that develop into tiny openings or holes. They form when bacteria in the mouth produce acids that attack and weaken the tooth enamel, leading to decay.
What are the common symptoms of cavities?
Common symptoms of cavities include:
- Tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Visible pits or holes in the teeth
- Dark spots on the tooth surface
Are cavities only a concern for children?
No, cavities can affect individuals of all ages. While children are more susceptible due to their developing teeth and higher sugar intake, adults can also develop cavities if they don’t follow proper oral hygiene practices.
How can I prevent cavities?
Practicing good oral hygiene:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day
- Flossing daily
- Limiting sugary and acidic food and drink consumption
- Using toothpaste
- Regular dental check-ups and cleanings
Burnaby Dental Centre proudly accepts all major credit cards and debit cards, as well as cash payments. Our helpful customer service team will be happy to facilitate and submit any insurance benefit claims on your behalf.
Knowledgeable, caring dentists you can rely on
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we excel at delivering top-notch dental care focusing on creating a warm and compassionate atmosphere that prioritizes your well-being.
Our team has extensive expertise in preventive and restorative care. We harness effective treatments and advanced technology to ensure your comfort during procedures, delivering exceptional and impressive outcomes. We are eager to assist you in revitalizing the health and aesthetics of your smile!