Dental cleanings, regular oral exams, and other preventive treatments
When it comes to keeping your mouth healthy, there are no shortcuts. The only way to prevent issues is to keep up with routine oral maintenance and preventive dental care.
Preventive dental care treatments such as teeth cleanings, oral exams, x-rays, and dental sealants ensure that cases of tooth decay and gum disease are either caught early or prevented altogether.
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we make it easy for you to get the routine care you need. Our friendly team and comfortable office are here for you when you need us, even on evenings and Saturdays!
Preventive dentistry services at Burnaby Dental Centre
- Teeth cleanings
- Comprehensive oral health exams
- Dental sealants
- Dental fillings
The Burnaby Dental Centre Experience
We’ve done all we can to make sure you have a fulfilling experience at the dentist, and we are here to support you throughout all of your appointments. Here’s what to expect at your routine oral exam and cleaning:
- We will take the time to get to know you, and any possible concerns you may have with your oral health
- Professional teeth cleaning by our compassionate and friendly dentists or hygienists
- Comprehensive exam performed by your dentist, including any necessary x-rays.
- A discussion with your dentist on the state of your oral health, including any recommendations for further treatments. We’ll always review your x-rays and intra-oral images with you to make sure you understand any problems we diagnose, empowering you to make the decision that is right for you.
- There will be plenty of time for you to ask questions or let us know any concerns.
Throughout the entire process, we’ll be available to answer your questions to make sure you have the best experience possible.
Preventive Dentistry FAQ
How many dental cleanings and exams should I schedule each year?
We recommend that most patients come to a dental cleaning twice a year — about once every 6 months. For patients with gum disease, we recommend you come in more frequently to ensure proper oral health.
What should I do between dental cleaning visits?
We recommend that everyone practice proper dental hygiene, including brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing.
In addition, try to be aware of what is going on in your mouth. Contact our team if you are experiencing anything unusual in your mouth such as a loose tooth or painful toothache. We are your partners in oral health and are here to ensure you stay healthy — even in between appointments.
Burnaby Dental Centre proudly accepts all major credit cards and debit cards, as well as cash payments. Our helpful customer service team will be happy to facilitate and submit any insurance benefit claims on your behalf.
Dentists you can trust
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we believe in doing everything we can to make sure you have a great experience at the dentist. We prioritize communication, and are here to support you along your oral health journey.
Our dentists and hygienists are trained to use modern, high-tech treatments and techniques, all of which provide a more comfortable experience and premier results. Our entire team’s goal is to help you feel confident and in control of your oral health.