Have dental care questions? Find the answer here
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we embrace the journey of oral health with you. We collected the most common questions we hear from patients and built this guide to help you experience our dentistry with heart.
How often should I see the dentist?
The frequency of dental visits varies for each person, as there’s no one-size-fits-all to oral health. Generally, it’s advisable to visit us twice a year for preventive care. However, if you have any periodontal or dental issues, we’ll likely recommend you visit us more often.
How can I take care of my dental health at home?
To maintain good dental health at home, it is recommended to
- Brush teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss daily to remove plaque and food particles from between teeth and along the gum line
- Use mouthwash to kill bacteria and freshen breath
- Limit sugary and acidic foods and drinks
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or sooner if the bristles are frayed
- Visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and check-ups.
What’s included in a dental appointment at Burnaby Dental Centre?
- We'll start by talking with you to learn about any oral health concerns you may be having and any goals you have for your smile.
- Your dentist will perform a comprehensive exam and take any necessary x-rays before discussing your diagnosis and any recommended treatments.
- We’ll empower you with the information you need to make the decision that’s right for you.
Are dental X-rays safe?
At our clinic, our dentists and hygienists utilize x-rays, also known as radiographs, to gather comprehensive information for optimal care. Our advanced digital imaging equipment uses low radiation doses, roughly 80% less than traditional film x-rays.
Do you have digital x-rays taken at another dental office? Request that they be transferred to us for a seamless experience.
How often should I floss?
Flossing is a crucial aspect of maintaining oral hygiene. Daily flossing, especially after meals, effectively removes food debris and plaque from interdental spaces, promoting dental health and preventing issues such as tooth decay.
How often should I change my toothbrush?
For optimal cleaning effectiveness, it’s advisable to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Prolonged use can result in frayed bristles, reducing the toothbrush's ability to remove plaque.
How many times should I have my teeth cleaned?
The Canadian Dental Association recommends bi-annual dental cleanings or visits every six months. In cases where gum and bone health are at risk, more frequent cleanings may be advised. Our dental hygienist would be pleased to consult with you and set up a personalized cleaning schedule. Contact us.
Do I need to be referred by a doctor?
No, we welcome new patients if you are coming from another dental practice. Simply ask them to transfer your x-rays or medical records to our clinic.
Why is it important to visit the dentist?
Regular dental visits are key to preserving oral health and overall wellness. These visits can help prevent dental problems such as cavities and gum disease, while also fortifying your teeth and preserving a sparkling smile.
What are the early signs of dental problems?
Early signs of dental problems can include:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Pain when biting or chewing
- Swelling or tenderness in gums
- Bleeding when brushing or flossing
- Receding gums
- Dark or discolored teeth
- Bad breath or a bad taste in mouth
- Changes in bite or fit of dentures
If you experience any of these symptoms, schedule a dental check-up as soon as possible.
Where is your office located?
We’re located in North Burnaby close to Carleton St. and E. Hasting St. at 4234 Hasting Street. Burnaby. There’s free parking in the front on the street and back office.
What payment options do you offer?
We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, and cash payments. As well as our helpful customer service team will facilitate and submit any insurance benefit claims on your behalf.
We can’t wait to make you smile
Burnaby Dental Care is here to make a long-term commitment to your oral health. That’s why we:
• Focus on preventive dentistry
• Are fully committed to patient education
• Have a dedicated and experienced dental team
• Use technology to ensure you get the best care
The Burnaby Dental Centre Experience
Burnaby Dental Centre proudly accepts all major credit cards and debit cards, as well as cash payments. Our helpful customer service team will be happy to facilitate and submit any insurance benefit claims on your behalf.
Our dental treatment process is built around providing a supportive atmosphere. We believe that receiving dental care should be rewarding and add value to your life. During your visit, a member of our staff will be available to provide assistance and answer your questions.
Dentists you can trust
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we do all we can to ensure a great experience for our patients. We prioritize crystal clear communication and are here to support you along your oral health journey.
Our dentists and hygienists are trained on all of the modern, high-tech treatments and techniques to provide a more comfortable experience and premier results. Let’s get started helping you feel confident and in control of your oral health.