There’s no reason to wait for treatment. Our dentists are on call and can help today.
At Burnaby Dental Centre, we offer emergency appointments to existing and new patients. We know emergencies can be stressful. We offer an experience to help resolve your emergency conveniently and comfortably.
Let's get you back to feeling like yourself.
Emergency dentistry services at Burnaby Dental Centre
We’re here to make sure you have a positive experience at the dentist and feel great after your appointment. If we can’t fix your issue right then and there, we won’t leave you hanging. We’ll provide a temporary solution to help you feel better and continue to provide support throughout the process until you are back to full health.
Here’s what to expect at your emergency dental appointment
- You’ll speak with our staff about what you are experiencing, as well as your past oral health history.
- We’ll perform a comprehensive exam and take any necessary x-rays or digital images to provide an accurate diagnosis.
- Your dentist will fill you in on what exactly is happening and your treatment options. We’ll review your x-rays and intra-oral images with you to make sure you understand any problems we diagnose, empowering you to make the decision that’s right for you.
- There will be plenty of time for you to ask questions or let us know any concerns.
- If we can’t get started on a permanent treatment right away, we’ll schedule a follow-up appointment and give you a temporary solution to help you feel better until then.
Emergency Dentistry FAQ
How do I know if I need an emergency dentist?
Any issue that is causing you pain or discomfort may be cause for a trip to the emergency dentist. Common problems we see include:
- A toothache that is continuously getting worse
- Inability to chew, brush your teeth, or speak
- Swollen or bleeding gums
- A broken, loose, or missing tooth
While these are common issues, anything that’s causing you concern warrants a call to see if an emergency dentist appointment is necessary.
Should I call 911 or go to the emergency room for a toothache?
While an emergency room may be able to lessen the pain, the only way to fix the underlying problem is through dental care.
With that said, if you are experiencing a serious facial injury not involving your teeth, we recommend going to the emergency room.
Burnaby Dental Centre proudly accepts all major credit cards and debit cards, as well as cash payments. Our helpful customer service team will be happy to facilitate and submit any insurance benefit claims on your behalf.
Dentists you can trust
At Burnaby Dental Centre, our entire team believes in doing everything we can to make sure you have a great experience. We prioritize communication, and are here to support you along your oral health journey.
Our dentists and hygienists are trained to use modern, high-tech treatments and techniques, all of which provide a more comfortable experience and premier results. Let’s get started helping you feel confident and in control of your oral health.